MRP Manager – Sheet Metal, Hayes, Greater London
Salary/rate: £25k – £35k per annum with 28 days leave and pension
Location: Hayes, Greater London
Our client is urgently looking for MRP System Manager to work at their depot in Hayes, Middlesex
MRP System Manager – Fabrication & Sheet Metalwork
Accountability: The post holder reports to the Senior Production Manager
The post holder is responsible for managing and overseeing the implementation and operation of the manufacturing MRP system, including planning & expediting of materials from concept through to completion with a wide range of pre-production and production planning activities performing to high standards whilst promoting and supporting continuous improvement within the Production/ Engineering Department.
- To implement a new MRP system throughout the manufacturing and production department.
- To manage the daily upkeep of the MPS system to aid a leading, high performing production planning team to develop and improve production planning processes with materials control ensuring optimum results with uninterrupted supply.
- To manage all material distribution planning ensuring the flow of materials into production.
- To manage the coordination of production priorities with MRP planner and in production workshops ensuring the progress of work at each key stage of manufacture.
- To control and maintain accurate production data/ cost analysis, production scheduling and production output monitoring ensuring the efficient running of the planning/ production progress monitoring systems in place.
- To prepare regular and ad-hoc reports on project performance to assist and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- To manage and provide work flow charts for individual Departments and compile detailed deadline reports for each team.
- Production and engineering support.
- To manage and oversee production processes and MRP data input.
- To assist where required with the Companies manufacturing order processing system.
- To manage the Companies stock takes, stock and work in progress valuations.
- To attend internal meetings providing progress reports where required.
- To highlight continuous improvement processes and cost saving initiatives and to encourage the use of programme/ planning tools.
- To manage the running of the Companies automatic MRP system.
- To achieve defined KPI’s.
- To maintain a high standard and quality of work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Requirement
- Degree, HNC or equivalent in Mechanical, Industrial, Production Engineering, Construction or a similar discipline.
- Previous Material Planning and Logistics management experience within a face paced manufacturing environment.
- Excellent knowledge of production management, production management systems, tools and techniques.
- Strong communication and people-management skills.
- Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma and 5s.
- Knowledge of fabricated / sheet metal component manufacturing.
- Knowledge in the use of MRP systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be numerate / commercially astute. Ideally have an understanding of construction engineering type applications for payment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to be able to demonstrate excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative – acts on various methods and strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives.
- Increase job knowledge and develop job skills.
- Able to commit and adhere to Health, Safety and Environment policies, processes and procedures.
If you feel that you have all the relevant experience and can rise to this challenge, please apply with your most up-to-date CV.
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: GF02