Pipefitter – London
Salary/rate: £28 – 30k per annum, full company benefits
Our client are a leading national Construction Group who are looking to recruit a Mobile Mechanical Pipefitter to work on a range of different premises in London refurbishing & installing industrial pipework and servicing, repairing & re-fitting heating & boiler systems
• Fitting out boiler houses & mechanical plant rooms and associated pipework on commercial & industrial premises
• Lay out, install & maintain pipe systems & pipe supports for low, medium & high temperature pressure systems
• Hot & cold water, gas heating systems, steam systems, drainage, dry air coolers & condensers
• Refurbishing mechanical plant & equipment and industrial heating & ventilation systems
• Dealing with mechanical system breakdowns & rectification requests
• Respond to Building Management System alarms and effect emergency repairs as needed.
• Ensure that cooling systems and domestic water systems are maintained to L8 standard.
• Ensure that comprehensive job records are kept
• Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are followed for tasks to ensure safe working practices
• Ensure that subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments and site processes
• To develop a good working relationship with all members of internal & external customers
• Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements as required
Working hours Monday to Friday 8.00am to 5pm, full company benefits available
Excellent career development opportunities with this employer
Qualifications, Skills, knowledge required:
• Successful candidate will hold a recognised Mechanical qualification such as City & Guilds, NVQ, ONC or equivalent
• Valid CSCS Card is required
• Clean Drivers Licence required
• Good knowledge of industrial pipefitting, heating & ventilation systems and the Health & Safety at Work Act.
• Good verbal and written communication skills numerate & literate.
• Self-motivated, with a high level of personal integrity, able to work well as part of a
team or alone to high quality standards
• Well organised, able to prioritise work load and deliver results within a high-pressure environment *
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASPA
Job Ref: DDPIPLON