Quantity Surveyor – Berkshire
Salary/rate: £48 – 55k per annum, full company benefits
Our client are a national award winning Construction Group who are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to work from their busy offices in Hampshire / Berkshire.
You will need a proven track record working as a Quantity Surveyor on refurbishment & construction related projects. Smaller project values will range from £50k – £200k but larger project values will be as high as £5m covering all types of construction including ground works, steel work, fabric, trades and fit out. You will need previous experience working with Schedule of Rates.
Hours are Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm with an hour for lunch.
To increase value, reduce cost, drive profit, and manage risk in a safe and ethical manner.
• Produce & assist with a wide range of project tenders & bids as requested by your line manager with existing & new prospective customers
• Manage & prioritise project tender workload in an accurate & timely fashion in order to meet customer submission deadlines
• Finalise selection of subcontractors for tender enquiries through experience, research and discussion with the commercial and operational teams
• To negotiate & agree terms and conditions with selected subcontractors on successful procurement of project
• To process timely interim applications for subcontract payment, variations and design fees
• To secure variations or other formal records for extra works and maximise the evaluation of these
• Authorising timely requests for extensions of time, plus recovery of loss and expense
• Preparation of the final account as soon as possible after practical completion and present financial appraisals continually as the works progress always driving to maximise the rightful valuation of the works
• Keep the whole project team advised as to the profitability and cash position of the project
BSC in Quantity Surveying or HNC in Quantity Surveying or equivalent certification.
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: Feb 2016
Job Ref: CR260116d